On the Prowl

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Her Name is Juliet but we call her Loveslug~~~

Hey Folks,

I know it's been a while since I last posted, but frankly, with Ginger the psycho dog passing on, doing Taxes, getting Sick, paying property taxes, getting the car fixed, well I just haven't had time.

But durin' all of that we got a new dog in the house.

O.K. how did this happen?

Simple,  our local "Friends of the Animal Shelter" was having a Gargage Sale Fund Raiser at the Shelter and I was feeling Garage Sale withdrawl, so we stopped over.  Hunka knows the volunteers having volunteered there for a while, and I bought a few things.

Well we also made the mistake of looking at what was in the Shelter and we saw this Pit Mix named Sarge, now this dog obeyed me pretty well, but I had a feeling he was just too much dog for me although he was totally focused on me.  Hunka was impressed with this dog.

Well a week later Hunka comes to me saying he had "an awakening" he needed a dog, ever since 'Beauceaphus' passed away he just could not get up the energy to take an interest in anything and Hunka was interested in Sarge----and I was so not on board with this idea.

But I told him check the dog out if the dog works well with you then we'll see.

Well Sarge likes the ladies (human), better than Men, so it did not work out but the Staff told him about Juliet---also a pit bull mix, friendly, socialable, just wants to be loved, nearly 60 pounds of muscel and love.

I told him that if "Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy" cause the dog had to work with me.

We went back, they brought out the dog, Hunka pointed at me and said "There's the Mama" and the dog immediately comes over to me and I say "Sit" the dog sat infront of me (I was sitting in a chair) and rested it's big head on my chest with a look in her eyes that said "Love me please, I'll love you forever!!!"

We got the dog.

When we got her you cold see her ribs and she weighed 55 pounds, she gained 8 pounds her ribs don't poke out, she hogs the bed and gives us ear kisses.  She is totally devoted to Hunka, dat's da Daddy, she love and minds me,  she knows commands although sometimes she can be a bit dense, she minds me, loves her walks, loves to pay, doesn't know her strength, totally submissive and so far not a mean bitting bone in her body.

90 percent of the people she meets love her, of the remaining 10 percent, well we understand they are afraid of pit bulls and pit mixes, she is friendly and gently protective.

Because she is so strong we are cautious with her, espeically around children and small dogs, she would not hurt them but she likes to play but doesn't know her strength.  We also constantly monitor her behavior cause we are still learning what her likes and dislikes are.

But there is several things we've noticed, certain physical types of men she doesn't trust, she'll give them "THE LOOK" and they stay away, but all the other times it's "Hey there wanna play?"  If we are in the house and she hears or senses something she'll bark, comes and gets Daddy to deal with it.

Our neighbors crazy adult son stays far, far away from us now, doesn't make any threats or anything like he use to but his parents thinks the dog is beautiful.

Naturally because she is a pit mix people are cautious at first and then they warm up to her.

When Hunka was on one of his walks with her they rested at a bus stop and this old man sat down to rest as well, the dog went over to him and rested her head on the man's knee and the old guy just laughed and petted her.  She knows "Kind People".

She has a "formal" name but I think I'll call her "LOVESLUG" in this here blog, 'cause she just loves to be loved.

She'll never replace 'Beauceephus', 'Beau' was a one of a kind dog, Hunka's "Princess Puppy", but Loveslug is a new adventure and frankly, I think we got a winner 'cause this dog knows she's loved and has a Forever home.  

So I guess we're going to put out the old sign again that says "Two Nice People and One Very Spoiled Dog Live Here."

Mean Kitty signing off and going to make Loveslugs' breakfast.