On the Prowl

Saturday, December 22, 2007

An Update and a Xmas Rant~~~

O.K. Folks-----I'm going to do the rant first.

WHY OH WHY DO STUPID IDIOT PEOPLE HAVE TO TALK ON THEIR CELL PHONES WHILE DRIVING????!!!!!!

O.K. this is the last weekend (terrifying weekend) before Xmas (I'm going to use Xmas for the commercial side of this holiday and Christmas for the Spiritual)-----and of course if anyone has a bit of sanity left you make sure ALL your shopping is done by this weekend and just spend this weekend wrapping those presents.

Now me---who has lost her mind a long time ago (thanks to IDIOTS!!!) made the mistake of going out and doing last minute shopping---well as least I got to the stores early and excerise a lot of paticence in finding a parking space-----trust me, in finding a parking space you have got to have a lot of paticence.

WHY??? You may ask but the answer is ugly----It's INAPPROPRATE CELLPHONE USAGE!!!

You do not have to answer and call anyone and everyone while your car is in motion. Park it someplace (safe) and then talk. Today----Just Today I saw 6 almost accidents and every single person who would have been at fault was on a Cell phone!!!

The 7th accident did happen and the person at fault was on a Cellphone so I had FUN (you can tell I'm enjoying this part) giving an eye witness account to the IDIOTS STUPIDITY!!! Now Cellphone Bozo Boy is going to have to payout of his insurance the damaged done to the other persons car who was in the right---and he kept coming around and saying to me "It wasn't my fault" right when the Cop was there and the Cop kept saying "back off".

Finally I got so fed up with the idiot when he came around again that I said "I saw the whole thing---you were on your cell phone not paying attention and you rammed into the Lady's car---you were AT Fault---now Back off before I have Mr. Nice Policeman have you arrestted for Harrassing me!" (excuse the spelling folks but I am pissed off).

Well I had even greater fun watching Mr. Nice Policeman put the cuffs on the idiot because---are you ready for this Folks? He had outstanding warrents for speeding---Ha! HAh! So not only is his insurance going to be hit with the repairs, but he's going to Jail!

Merry Xmas!

I do have to confess it did warm the cockles of my heart (whatever cockles are). It was more fun than watching the "COPS" show. I kept humming the bad boy song that even the nice policeman was smiling.

But Folks are you getting the point---why do you have to be on that Cellphone----haven't you heard the old saying "Silence is Golden"? It can also save your life and your pocket book.

O.K. that's the Rant Now for the UPDATE!!

I said in my last post, that Virginia O'Hanlons old house (when she wrote the famous letter) was too far gone to be saved-----well I was wrong----yeah even mean Kittys can be wrong.

It's true that it was badly deteriorated, but is was savable. As a matter of fact it has been saved, in a New York Times News article, I read that a college prep private school, did a major fund raising effort and bought Virginia home and the house next to it. Had it repaired and restored---joined the two buildings together and made it into their permanet home for their school.

The principal said that it was very interesting that the school was founded the same year that Virginia O'Hanlon passed away, 1971----that Virginia was a school teacher for 47 years and now her old home is going to be a school---it was only right and a proper fitting end to the story.

And the school is also going to put up a memorial placque commemorating the event of the "Yes Virginia" letter.

As I said a right and proper fitting happy ending to little Virginia's story.

Oh and by the way I said that Francis P. Church's older brother's name was Matthew, I was also wrong----it was Marcellus----I mean give me a break, who'd remember Marcellus? But we do want to have as correct as possible our facts.

So how is this Mean Ol' Kitty going to spend her Christmas?

Well first I'm going to church on Christmas Eve---Midnight Mass and everything---I'm going to be freezing because that church is big and it's drafty, so the leg warmers, the artic socks, the knit hat, scarf and gloves and the warmest coat I can find.

But---well----stop and think Folks----O.K. so they say that Jesus could not have been born in the winter time, because it was lambing season so the Christian church borrowed (or stole) the Winter Festival.

But put that aside---think of all those people out there, with no shelter, no warm place, no food, no one to help them----even though the Christian Church did borrow (steal) the winter holiday it does bring home the idea of us giving of ourselves something to help those who are less fortunate, what greater time of the year to remember the difficulties that those who are in need, need help.

That is why the Midnight Mass, the cold and drafty church---but the lights and the music all to remind us that many are fortunate, and many are not.

Then the next day I'll be spending time with Family, sharing past memories, watching future ones form, and just being with love ones and feeling contented and lucky, very Lucky.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanakah, Happy Kwanza, Happy Boxing Day (for all you Candanians) And for all you Atheists----GET A LIFE!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING!

Mean Kitty snuggling up with a cuppa Hot Chocolate and listening to Christmas songs, signing off for 2007.