On the Prowl

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yard Sales and Dogs

Well Howdy-Do Folks,

I’ve been having a most interesting weekend, starting on Friday night.

Well Friday night me and my Hunka, Hunka Burnin’ Love were settling down in bed to watch T.V. and no I don’t mean Jay Leno.

With my bum knee it’s much easier for me to sit in bed upright and watch T.V. and be comfortable. So Hunka to not feel lonely joined me, and so did Beaucephus the dog.

Did you know that dogs have a way of making a person move out of the bed without out them moving a muscle? That’s a fact. Our dog Beaucephus is a wizard at that trick. Old Beau will just lie there not twitch a hair and the next thing I know either me or Hunka is out of the bed and the dog has taken over. How do they do that??!! They don’t move a muscle and yet they manage to take over the whole dang bed!! I have never seen a cat do that maneuver.

Cats just give you the evil eye if you move. But dogs, they just spread themselves out like unwanted in-laws that drop by without telephoning. Science should study that, there maybe a secret weapon in that maneuver.

Anyway we all are getting comfy, cozy going to watch “Smackdown” wrestling, although I’ve been grumbling because the Undertaker was forced to leave the show although Triple H ain’t a bad substitute but he’s no Undertaker.

So the show comes on and Vickie and Edge are having their little talk and Vickie (cause she found out that Edge was fooling around before the wedding) plays a real good trick on Edge. She announces that the Undertaker is returning to Smackdown and at “Summer Slam” will compete against Edge in a “hell in a cell” match!

Well I just screamed “YYYYEEESSSSSS!!!” and I’m sure that the neighbors were thinking that Hunka and I were doing something naughty but who cares, all though the young guys on the block were looking at Hunka the next day with smiles on their faces and saying “way ta go man” and Hunka didn’t have a clue, until an hour later then his face turned 10 shades of red and it wasn’t a Sunburn.

Anyway, Hunka was happy too about the Undertakers return and said “that is righteous!”

So now all is right in a section of my world.

So on the weekend I’m doing a Yard sale.

Yard sales are a great way to get rid of things you no longer need, but is of some use to other people and you can get some extra money.

But I take it a step further, what doesn’t sell that I don’t want to hang on to, I box up and donate to a charity. So I may not get cash, but I do get a tax-write off which works just as good and is like cash in the bank later.

And it just so happens that a charity is doing their pick up drive the week after I do the yard sale, so I don’t even have to drop it off someplace, and that works for me and saves gas and time.

Now some people will take a yard sale even one more step, especially if the weather is fine. What they will do is have a bunch of their friends come over with things to sell and have a bar-b-que as well. And if that is not having fun with friends and making money then I don’t know what is.

Oh and how did I do on my yard sale? Got rid of 2/3’s of the stuff I didn’t want to keep, am donating almost half of what is left and the rest, well that’s no problem since I’m having another yard sale next month and I know that will all go.

Now that is Recycling!!

Now if I can just figure out how Beaucephus can take over the whole bed without moving I’ll have it made.

Mean Kitty signing off relaxing.