On the Prowl

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Spring is just around the corner

Mean kitty is not feeling so mean today.

Why you ask? Well last night my bro calls me up and says "Pancake breakfast tomorrow morning at the church. I'm buying" now who can say no to that.

So I bundle my Man into the van this morning and we have a nice breakfast with the relations, discussing what's happening in our lives all the ups and downs.

I realized one thing, my bro and I are talking together about things better than before---mainly because before our Dad died he said to us "What ever the two of you do Don't fight, talk yes but don't fight and always talk to each other don't hold a grudge. I've seen more familys break up on account of some small thing when all one has to do is talk and get the feelings out honestly without fighting---remember when you Mom and I are gone you two will only have each other for blood family."

And Dad was right--we've had tiffs but we've found that to just back up a bit helps and of course my talking to his wife and saying "My brother is not hearing me, or do you know where he is coming from on this?"

It works.

Now early this afternoon I sat on the front porch of my house and looked up and down the narrow street, the trees that are planted here are in bloom with white blossoms, and green leaves are sproting out. My neighbor across the street her plantings are in full bloom with yellow daffodils and red tulips. Come April the snowball tree she has next to her front steps will bloom then in May the wisteria that she has arching over her drive way.

Of course it makes me sneeze like hell and my eyes water but dang it's purty.

My man is feeling a little better but I'm keeping an eye on him just as one of the neighbors kittys is keeping an eye on a bug that is moving too fast for it.

It's a good day all the way around and now this kitty is going to take a nap---cause my bro invited us over to his house this evening for bar-b-que ribs.

Purrrrrrrrrr.