On the Prowl

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Feeling older than dirt~~~

Man, there is nothing like an injury to make you feel older than dirt. I mean OLDER THAN DIRT!!!

Last Sunday just to be accomadating to my brother Bubba, I move 12 trunks of stuff that I inherited plus some furniture that was stored in his basement---(I wasn't left stocks, bonds, jewerly or money, I was left stuff!) so I had I been doing over the years is going through the stuff and selling off what I didn't want.

Well Bubba comes and asks me nicely "Hey Sis' I gotta problem, I have to do some serious foundation work, replace the water and gas pipes and fix the floor heater---had to refinace to do this, but before I have the workmen come in to do the work I've got to have you move your stuff, as I'm worried it may get damaged or worse destroyed and I know that would make you unhappy and I don't want you unhappy."

He's got that right, so we make arrangements to move the stuff into my shed as I finally have some room... oh was that a job and a half, we all came out aching, needing asprine and a hot soak.

OOO but my body decides to do something even worse, my left knee is aching something fierce, I mean I can't move it, stand on it, bend it, straighten it, like can't do nothing---so I go to the Doc's and that sawbones says "Well you messed up the muscles and tendons around that knee, good thing there's no water on the knee or I'd have to drain it, no fun. You just take these pain pills, put cold and heat on the knee, try and strech the tendons, and you'll be fine in 6 weeks."

6 WEEKS!!! Is he nuts???!!! I gotta work!!! I can't take no 6 weeks off like those fancy, schmancy football/baseball/basketball players---I gotta work!!! And those pain pills aren't worth a darn, just make me sleepy, so I take extra strength tydonol during the day and the pain pill at night.

My hunka, hunka burnin' love helps me get showered, dressed and undressed for work and helps me up and down the stairs and into the car. Thank God at work they are understanding and help out---then disaster---we have a power outtage then after two minutes the power comes on, then goes out again, then after a minute comes on again, but what happens is the power surge burns out the motor on the elevator at work and I have no way of going up stairs to do some assignments or even getting to the staff room for Lunch!!!

And these elevator idiots have to order the motor to be replaced and it's been a week! No Way was I going to climb a full flight of stairs---I'm having a hard enough time dealing with the stairs at my house. So our janitor (he's a nice guy) he's got a spare small microwave, and brings it to work, it's not to hard for me to go to his work office, so I heat my lunch and coffee there (with his permission) and even he is cussing out the elevator idiots for taking their sweet time.

But I notice that with each day, the pain is becoming more locolized and maybe I might be able to walk better by the end of next week and maybe by then the elevator is working as well---I hope.

But Dang!! This pain does make me feel older than dirt!