On the Prowl

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ya Like the Picture??

Hi Folks,

A Friend of mine sent me that little ol' picture that I have posted at the top. Told me that some people want to know what ol' Mean Kitty looks like.

Hmmmm I kinda like it. Strutting down the street, with a "take no prisoners" attitude.

(just whistle that opening theme from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly")

Anyway, I've had a lot of people tell me that when they see me at first they think "ahhh she's just a pussycat"----and then "dum, de, dum, de dum dum dum dum" They say I even squint like Clint Eastwood---well that's because I'm near sighted I have to squint.

My Hunka, Hunka Burnin' love wants to join up with a Cowboy action shooting group, I told him go ahead, hell we've got enough guns for it. I've been to several of their "Shoots" and I like the competition and the fact that they dress like the old west, men and women. A number of them are involved in Gunfight old west Re-enactors that talk about the old west and gun safety.

There's one old boy he's got this Australian cattle dog, rescued it from a freeway, out in the middle of no where, dog hadn't eaten in days the man told me and was just about pegged out, he comes along with his Missus, sees the dog on the side of the road trying to get to somewhere.
So he pulls up, the dog sees him but doesn't know what to do, so the Missus comes out with a bit of hot dog and says come on baby Mama will take care of you.

Well hunger and thirst will overcome caution and the dog came to them so they put him into their camper and while the man drove she gave some water and a little bit of food to the dog so it wouldn't get sick, then the poor thing fell asleep. So when they got home they gave it a little more water and food and let the poor thing fall asleep again in their living room while they watched T.V. They gave him a few days to recover then took the dog to their old vet.

The vet said that the Dog was in good shape but had been starved, and foot sore, So with a good flea and tick bath, vitamins, medicine for the paws, good food and good lovin' the dog recovered and is very devoted to the couple, had the dog now for two years and they won't go no where with out the dog.

"Had to change some of our routines on account of the dog and hot days" They do their shopping in the evening during the hot weather, or one of them goes into the store and the other stays with the dog, some of the places they go to will allow them to bring the dog in. When it's winter or rainy there's no problem.

And with their trailer they don't have to worry about where to stay for "Shoots" or traveling.

I asked them what's the dogs' name "Freeway" they said---well that's as good as any. They have no idea how that dog got there, but they've never regretted rescuing him. They got him use to the shoots and noises, and make him comfortable when they are competing----set up their gun cart, with shade and a comfortable rug for the dog to lie down on. Dog knows the drill.

So Hunka, Hunka is going to join a local group since we are already members of SASS (Signle Action Shooting Society) and I'll be his cheerleader. I can shoot but with this bum knee I can't compete very well.

Oh well can't do everything.

Anyway don't you think that's a cute picture---Dang if it doesn't look like me---or at least my attitude.

Mean Kitty signing off---going to watch a Clint Eastwood movie.