On the Prowl

Sunday, March 16, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Well guess what Folks,

I just celebrated my 61st birthday---yep I survived 61 years of living!!!

So what did I do, you may ask. Well I just played it mellow. At work my friends gave me cards, we had a little cake and laughs, my Hunka, Hunka Burnin’ Love gave me flowers (pink roses) some candy ( I just love the milk chocolate Hershey’s symphony bars) and a beautiful card---he’s got other plans for me as well but it’s going to be spread over the year.

I was looking up and down my block and I was suddenly taken in by the yearly beauty of it all. It seems that my block has these trees that in the early spring blooms with these white flowers, then they leaf out later developing berries which are no problem to wash off or sweep away, and then they lose their leaves in the winter----but around my birthday I get this big splash of white flowers just making my block look so beautiful. Make me feel good.

When over to my brother’s Bubba’s house, for a bit of desert, my niece was also celebrating her birthday she’s way younger than me. So I gave her a card and so spending money.

I even wrote a note in the card---it said---

“Dear Niece,

Every year when I give you a card I include a long winded speech in it with all kinds of advice, but this year it’s going to be short.

My advise as you are now a young lady is this---Respect your Parents, your Aunts and Uncles (even if a couple of them are nuts) and especially your Grandparents (even if you think they are weird) as you get older you will appreciate them and what you learn from them and their lives that they have lived.

In regards to your brothers and your cousins, well I will leave that up to you.

With everyone else---TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!!”

My niece laughed and smiled at that----I do wish you could have seen the look on my brother’s face, it was “Oh boy are we in for trouble” type look. I just love doing that.

Like I love watching the show “COPS” if they have a police dog I always yell “Loose the hounds!!!” Heck I’m always on the dogs’ side. My brother knows I’m weird. Good thing he loves me.

I know that this year, things are going to be a bit slow and more home focused, I do not think we will be taking any trips---except maybe to the county fair. Well we had so much fun last year, but this year is the year to pay the piper and get the cash flow going in a good way.

We shall see what we shall see, after all I am starting on my 62nd year of living.

Mean Kitty signing off and relaxing.